Pavilion Data is growing rapidly and is looking for a Sr. Systems Engineer for The Bay Area/Silicon Valley to join us. In this role, you will serve as the Subject Matter Expert for all pre- and post-sales engineering activities such as onsite product deployment, customer site survey, root cause analysis and, technical support. In addition to that, you will be a crucial part of our team by helping to broaden our reach and keeping our customers satisfied as they deploy the highest-performance storage solution in the market today.
Primary job responsibilities:
- Handle support and escalation issues in a 24×7 environment (product, application, and performance)
- Perform product installation and professional services to deliver our solutions according to customer requirements and business objectives
- Replicate customer issues and assist engineering to produce conclusive failure and root cause analysis for bugs/issues found
- Work closely with engineering teams to identify and implement product fixes and patches
- Keep management, sales and account teams informed on high severity issues and escalations
- Act as “trusted technical adviser” to customers while developing critical relationships with key stakeholders in the process
- Communication of competitive positioning, strategic technical advantages, and value proposition of Pavilion’s storage platform into the customer base
- Manage the “Proof of Concept” process in the West Coast through the customer testing cycle, ultimately leading to system purchase
- Assist with development of training material and best practice guides
- 7+ years of demonstrated success in a customer facing pre- and post-sales engineering roles such as Field Engineer, Systems Engineer, Escalation Engineer, and Sr. Support Engineer
- Knowledge of storage technologies (NAS, SAN) and deployment models
- Strong Networking knowledge and experience. CCNA Certification a plus
- Experience working with customers and technology partners
- Experience implementing enterprise hardware, software, cloud platforms, IaaS, PaaS, or virtual infrastructure software
- Comfortable presenting technical material to the customers in-person and on the phone
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and a self-starter, comfortable working remotely and autonomously
- Ability to travel with the needs of the role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related field, or equivalent experience
Employer’s name: Pavilion Data Systems, Inc.
Job site: 2550 North 1st Street, Suite 250, San Jose, CA 95131
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email resume with Job # DSW204 to email@example.com.